Chicken and Galangal in Coconut Milk Soup is a kind of spicy soup. Many ingredients are the same as the spicy soup but the dish has coconut milk to a mild taste. Only chicken is preferred to add in the dish. This soup becomes a famous dish among Thai and foreigners.
NutritionThe dish contains protein, phosphorus and phosphorus. Herbs relieve flatulence and bronchitis.
150 grams chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
50 grams sliced young galangal
100 grams straw mushrooms
250 grams coconut cream
100 grams stock
10 each pounded bird eye chilies
3 tbsp. lime juice
½ tbsp. tamarind juice
3 tbsp. fish sauce
2 each kaffir lime leaves
How-to1. Bring the stock and the galangal to a slow boil until its aromatic. Add coconut cream and stir until it dissolves. Keep the heat low to prevent the oil in the coconut milk from separating
2. When the pot comes a full boil, add the fish sauce, chicken and tamarind juice. Wait until the soup returns to the boil and then add the straw mushrooms, kaffir lime leaves and the pounded bird chilies.
3. Season with lemon juice and garnish with the coriander leaves. Remove the pot from the heat and serve in a bowl.
1. Keep the heat low throughout the cooking process. High heat will make the oil in the coconut milk separate and rise to the top.
2. If you are using mature galangal, reduce the amount.
3. Lime juice becomes more aromatic and still keeps its nutritients when added to the pot after it is removed from the heat.