Spicy Noodle Soup is influenced by Thai-Yai. They eat serve minced pork curry with tomatoes served rice vermicelli, vegetables and pickled mustard. The dish contains high carbohydrate from rice vermicelli, protein from meat, and vitamins from vegetables.
NutritionSpicy Noodle Soup contains carbohydrate from rice vermicelli, protein from pork and dietary fiber and vitamin C from the vegetables.
1 kg. rice vermicelli
½ kg. minced pork
½ kg. pork ribs
200 grams diced chicken blood (leuat kai),
½ kg. tomatoes
10 each dok niew (dried cores of the Bombax ceiba flowers)
3 tbsp. salted soya bean sauce
½ cup vegetable oil
Ingredients for curry paste
10 each dried chilies
10 stalks coriander roots
10 each garlic cloves
10 each red shallots
3 tbsp. shrimp paste
1 tbsp. salt
Side dish : deep-fried garlic, chopped onion and coriander leaves, roasted bird eye chilies, lime, bean sprouts and sliced pickled mustard.
How-to1. Boil the water in a pot over medium heat, add the ribs, and simmer until they become tender.
2. Pound the ingredients for curry paste until well blended.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat, add the curry paste. Stir-fry until aromatic. Add the salted soya bean sauce, and stir-fry until mixed.
4. Add the minced pork, stir-fry until cooked.
5. Add the stir-fried curry to the pork soup and let it comes a boil. Add dok niew and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the chicken blood and tomatoes, simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
7. Pour the mixed curry on the rice vermicelli. Serve along with the side dish.